Many thanks to the Parent Chaperones, Jo Webber, Tasneem Sutarwala, Julie Covey, and Helen Ho, who led their group around the park. Please send any pictures you've taken to me or Megan.
- Pizza and Spirit Day: Thu, Mar 17 & Fri, Mar 18 (Green Day!)
- Exhibition: Mon, Mar 21 & Tue, Mar 22 from 5-6:30. Don't forget to sign up for a time slot: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4da8a72fa02-2016
- Spring Break: Mar. 28-Apr. 1
- State Testing begins after Spring Break
- We need the following materials if you can donate: lots of scotch tape (on dispensers and individual rolls for refill); marbles; and more pens
Math: Students are reviewing what they know about shapes and vocabulary. Students are working with Geoboards and fun Georgia Math Geometry games to learn about polygons, 2D, and 3D shapes.
Reading: Students read Chapter 18, In Search of a Stiltskin. They had to write Rump a letter as if they were Red.
Maker Space: Students worked hard to add tracks, funnels, bends, and curves in designing their marble roller coaster. We have just one more day of Maker Space before Exhibition.
Project: We watched a Brainpop video about Sir Isaac Newton; experimented with centripetal force and thought about what rides at an amusement park uses centripetal force; divided into groups to create informational displays for the Ferris Wheel, Spin Ride, and Sir Isaac Newton. We also finished reading about Charles Ferris and his Ferris Wheel.