Using their school email, students can access their online documents at home and work from home. I can access their documents from my home, add comments, and edit their work while they are online when they "share" their work with me.
Try it...it's one of the best ways to help kids edit and revise.
- Pizza/Spirit Day #1 WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COSTUME, BUT LEAVE THE WEAPONS and Scary Masks AT HOME! (Please send in a change of clothes if you think the costume may be too much to wear all day) Mon 10/31 and Tues 11/1
- Pizza Lunch: Please provide a morning and afternoon snack, along with a water bottle...they get hungry throughout the day!
- P.E.C. #2: Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 9:15-2:15 (Mandatory Meeting for all Home school Hybrid Families) Look for more information in Michelle's Sunday Newsletter
- No School: Nov. 11 for Veteran's Day
- Exhibition: Mon, Nov. 14 & Tue, Nov. 15 from 5:00-6:30 pm (Look for the Signupgenius email this weekend)
- Wed, Nov. 16- Fieldtrip to the Museum of Tolerance
This week and next week, we will be working on our display boards for their Music Passion Projects. For those who worked in teams, students divided the work among themselves and each person was responsible for one of these topics: Timeline, Description, Maps of Migration, and Artifact. For those who worked independently, they have been hard at work on all topics with some guidance from Academic Coaches, DVX interns, and me. Students are mostly finished with the research and have moved into the media piece of the project, deciding which media they would like to incorporate into their display: power point, Prezi, music video, personal video, play a song of the genre, or slide show.
Many thanks to Rick Olson for donating the display boards for the Music Passion Projects!
3D sugar skulls
Mexican holiday: It starts after Halloween night and lasts a couple of day. It is a celebration of people who have passed, not a time of sadness. Sugar skulls are decorated with designs of interest for the deceased person. They can eat the real sugar skulls. Our sugar skulls are made of paper and markers.
Art with Cordula
Students continued working on The Country and City Mouse houses by finishing the inside of the country house and beginning the city house outside design.
Students will be writing their own story as immigrants next week and I'd like them to have some background knowledge of their roots.!
I look forward to seeing you all at P.E.C. #2 on Wednesday, Nov. 2!